VAB and related websites (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Company”) Acceptable Use Policy ("AUP") describes the proper kinds of conduct and prohibited uses of Company’s products and services (the "Services"). The AUP is not exhaustive and Company reserves the right to modify the AUP at any time, effective upon posting of the modified AUP to HYPERLINK "http://www.vab.com" www.vab.com. By entering this site or the links accessible through this site, you expressly agree to be bound by this policy. The information and resources contained on and accessible through this site are made available by Company and/or its suppliers and vendors and are subject to your agreement to their terms and conditions as modified from time to time. Any violation of the AUP may result in the suspension or termination of your account and such other action as Company deems appropriate.
VIOLATION OF ANY OF THESE GUIDELINES IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED AND MAY RESULT IN THE IMMEDIATE TERMINATION OR SUSPENSION OF THE SERVICES YOU RECEIVE FROM COMPANY. YOU WILL REMAIN SOLELY LIABLE AND RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES AND ANY AND ALL CONTENT THAT YOU DISPLAY, UPLOAD, DOWNLOAD OR TRANSMIT THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICES. "CONTENT" INCLUDES, WITHOUT LIMITATION, YOUR E-MAIL, WEB PAGES, PERSONAL HOME PAGES, AND DOMAIN NAMES.
1. YOUR GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES.
The Services and Products of Company enable you to develop and display a Website through which you can interact with users of the Internet and retrieve and send vast amounts of information. It also allows for the deploying of email to promote the sale of your product or services. Generally, Company will not actively monitor, censor, or directly control any content that is or will be displayed on your Website(s) or information that you collect or use through your Website(s). Company, however, provides the Services with the goals of (a) ensuring security, reliability and privacy of the Services and the users of the Services, (b) maintaining an image and reputation of Company as a responsible provider of the Services, (c) preserving the value of Internet resources as a conduit for free expression, (d) encouraging the responsible use of Internet resources and discouraging degrading, libelous or illegal uses of such resources. Consequently, Company expects you, and all other users of the Services, to take responsibility in using the Internet with courtesy and responsibility, and be familiar with and to practice good Internet etiquette, in furtherance of the above stated goals.
2. PROHIBITED CONDUCT.
You may use the Services only for lawful purposes. Transmission, distribution, sale, or storage of any material in violation of any applicable law, regulation, or the AUP is prohibited. The following non-exhaustive list details the kinds of illegal or harmful conduct that are prohibited. Company reserves the rights to restrict or prohibit any and all uses of the Services or content on your Website(s) and to remove such materials from its servers that Company determines in its sole discretion is harmful to its servers, systems, network, reputation, good will, other Company customers, or any third party.
- Defamation. You agree not to post or transmit any content in violation of any applicable law of libel or defamation in the United States or elsewhere.
- False advertising. You agree not to post or transmit on or though any services any advertising or promotional materials that contain false, deceptive or misleading statements, claims, or representations.
- Copyright/Trademark Infringement. You agree not to post or transmit on or through the services any content that infringes on the intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights including, without limitation, material protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other intellectual property right of another person or entity or use the same without proper authorization. Infringement may result from, among other activities, the unauthorized copying and posting of pictures, logos, software, articles, musical works, and videos.
- Offensive Materials. You agree not to transmit, disseminate, sell, store or host material that is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, harassing, threatening, harmful, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable.
- Export Violations. You agree not to post or send software or technical information in violation of U.S. export laws, including, without limitation, the Export Administration Act and the Export Administration Regulations maintained by the Department of Commerce.
- Harmful Content. You agree not to disseminate or host harmful content including, without limitation, viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots or any other computer programming routines that may damage, interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, program, data or personal information.
- Fraudulent Conduct. Your agree not to offer or disseminate fraudulent goods, services, schemes, or promotions (i.e., make money fast schemes, chain letters, pyramid schemes), or furnishing false data on any signup form, contract or online application or registration, or the fraudulent use of any information obtained through the use of the Services, including without limitation, use of credit card numbers.
- False Pretenses. You agree not to use the services to impersonate any person or communicate under a false name or a name that you are not entitled or authorized to use in all forms of online communication. False domain registration is strictly prohibited.
- Failure to Abide by Third-Party Website Policies. You agree not to violate the rules, regulations, or policies that apply to any third-party network, server computer database, or website that you access by or through the services.
- Child Pornography. You agree not to violate the Federal child exploitation statutes to possess, produce, receive, transport or distribute by any means, including computer, visual depictions of “sexual intercourse” and/or “sexually explicit conduct” involving children.
- Distribution of Viruses. You agree not to intentionally distribute any software that attempts to and/or causes damage or annoyance to persons, data, and/or computer systems.
- Facilitating a Violation of this AUP. You agree not to advertise, transmit, or otherwise make available any software, program, product, or service that is designed to violate this AUP which includes, but is not limited to, spam, pinging, flooding, mailbombing, denial of service attacks or piracy of software.
3. SYSTEM AND NETWORK SECURITY AND INTEGRITY.
Violations of Company's or any third party's server, system or network security through the use of the Services are prohibited, and may result in criminal and civil liability. Company may investigate incidents involving such violations. Company may involve and cooperate with law enforcement if a criminal violation is suspected. Examples of server, system or network security violations include, without limitation, the following:
- Hacking. Unauthorized access to or use of data, systems, servers or networks, including any attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system, server or network or to breach security or authentication measures without express authorization of the owner of the system, server or network.
- Interception. Unauthorized monitoring of data or traffic on any network, server, or system without express authorization of the owner of the system, server, or network.
- Intentional Interference. Interference with service to any user, host or network including, without limitation, mail bombing, news bombing, other flooding techniques, deliberate attempts to overload a system, broadcast attacks and any activity resulting in the crash of a host. Intentional interference also means the use of any kind of program/script/command, or send messages of any kind, designed to interfere with a user's terminal session, via any means, locally or by the Internet.
- Falsification of Origin or Routing Information. Forging of any TCP-IP packet header, e-mail header or any part of a message header. Using, selling, or distributing in conjunction with services any computer program designed to conceal the source or routing information of electronic mail messages in a manner that falsifies an internet domain, header information, date or time stamp, originating email address or other identifier.
- Avoiding System Restrictions. Using manual or electronic means to avoid any use limitations placed on the Services such as timing out.
- Failure to Safeguard Accounts. Failing to prevent unauthorized access to accounts, including any account passwords.
You may not distribute, publish, or send any of the following types of e-mail:
- Unsolicited promotions, advertising or solicitations (commonly referred to as "spam") that is not compliant with the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003, including, without limitation, commercial advertising and informational announcements to those email addresses who have requested that their email addresses be opted out.
- Commercial promotions, advertising, solicitations, or informational announcements that contain false or misleading information in any form.
- Harassing e-mail, whether through language, frequency, or size of messages.
- Chain letters.
- Malicious e-mail, including without limitation "mailbombing" (flooding a user or Website with very large or numerous pieces of mail) or "trolling" (posting outrageous messages to generate numerous responses).
- E-mails containing forged or falsified information in the header (including sender name and routing information), or any other forged or falsified information.
- Third Party Links. Links to third party websites should not be inserted in emails without the direct or indirect permission of the third party, and your email should conspicuously notify the recipient that the link is to a third party over which you have no control or operation. In addition, you may not use Company's mail server or another Website's mail server to relay mail without the express permission of the account holder or the Website. Posting the same or similar message to one or more newsgroups, message boards, blogs, online discussion groups, etc., (excessive cross-posting or multiple-posting) also is explicitly prohibited.
5. INSTANT MESSAGING and CHAT Services.
Inappropriate use or misuse of instant messaging or chat applications on the Company network is not acceptable. Examples include: Sending instant messages that contain threatening, abusive, illegal or libelous material.
INDIRECT OR ATTEMPTED VIOLATIONS OF THE AUP, AND ACTUAL OR ATTEMPTED VIOLATIONS BY A THIRD PARTY ON YOUR BEHALF, WILL BE CONSIDERED VIOLATIONS OF THE AUP BY YOU.
6. LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY SITES.
The Website may contain links to other websites that are maintained by third parties over which Company has no control. These links are provided for convenience only. Use of these links will cause you to leave this Site and use of third-party websites is entirely at your own risk. Company makes no representation or warranty concerning any other site or the information, products or services offered or appearing on or through these sites. Company does not sponsor or endorse the operators of the sites or the content, products or services they provide, and Company is not responsible or liable for the conduct of the sites' operators, the content, availability, accuracy, quality, advertising, products, services or other materials offered at the sites.
7. MODIFICATION OF THE POLICY AND AGREEMENT.
We reserve the right to modify this Policy and Agreement at any time, effective upon its posting, as modified, on HYPERLINK "http://www.vab.com" www.vab.com. You agree to the Modified Policy and Agreement by accessing or using our Website, products or services.
Any failure to insist upon or enforce performance of any provision in this Policy will not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right. Neither the course of conduct between the parties nor trade practice will act to modify any provision in this Policy and Agreement. Company may assign its rights and duties under these terms to any party at any time without notice to you. If any provision of this Agreement is deemed unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision will be deemed severable from these terms and conditions so that it does not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
YOU WILL REMAIN SOLELY LIABLE AND RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES AND ANY AND ALL CONTENT THAT YOU DISPLAY, UPLOAD, DOWNLOAD OR TRANSMIT THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICES. "CONTENT" INCLUDES, WITHOUT LIMITATION, YOUR E-MAIL, WEB PAGES, PERSONAL HOME PAGES, AND DOMAIN NAMES.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Company from any third party claims of infringement relating in any way to the information you place on your webpages, and agree to reimburse Company for any damages, judgment, settlements, costs, and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, incurred by Company in responding to and/or defending against such claims.
If you have any questions regarding this acceptable use policy or your dealings with our Website, or any other Company properties, please contact us at: Info@Vab.com.